Sunday, May 20, 2012

Man Gave Names To All The Animals

Room 23 have been reading a book about how animals got their names.  It was written by Bob Dylan. 
We really enjoyed his idea so we came up with our own verses about how animals got their names.  This is how it went.



He saw an animal that had keen eyesight.
A sharp beak and liked to play hide and seek.
It didn’t like to walk.
“Ah, I think I'll call it a hawk!” By N.B

He saw an animal that liked to roll.
It was dark orange with big, black eyes and liked to chase mice.
It curled up on his mat.
“Ah, I think I’ll call it a cat!” By D.A

He saw an animal that buzzed through the air.
Sometimes it gave him a really big scare.
They picked up pollen from the flowers as he could see.
“Ah, I think I’ll call it a bee!” By A.Y


He saw an animal that had long whiskers and skin like leather.
It liked to swim in all sorts of weather.
It liked a fishy meal.
“Ah, I think I'll call it a seal!  By M.M

He saw an animal that was walking around the park with it’s owner.
It liked eating biscuits and treats and wasn’t a loner.
It was sniffing around  a log.
“Ah, I think I’ll call it a dog!”  By E.J

He saw an animal, that liked to swing from tree to tree.
It was a bit funny and kind of funky.
“Ah, I think I’ll call it a monkey!”  By C.T

He saw an animal with orange skin and black spots.
It had super speed and he liked it lots.
The animal was hunting and was a meat-eater.
“Ah, I think I’ll call it a cheetah!” By I.W
He saw an animal that had feathers so colourful and was beautiful.
Its tails was spread out and looked like it got a shock.
“Ah, I think I’ll call it a peacock!” By K.M

He saw an animal that had lots of stripes.
It was black an white and looked like pipes.
It stopped in the wild for a drink at the river.
“Ah, I think I’ll call it a zebra!”  By S.H

He saw an animal that had long whiskers and shiny scales.
It was slightly smooth and he thought, “That could be mine, I wish!”
“Ah, I think I’ll call it a catfish!” By J.G

He saw an animal that swam in the sea and had busy blue fins.  It was playful and had shiny skin.
“Ah, I think I’ll call it a dolphin.”  By T.M




















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool
NB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS CC AT A SECRET LOCATION
NICE WORK BRO!!!!!!!!! GOTA GO RC IS BUGGING ME BYE CC

Anonymous said...

wow cool those animal discriptions are really discriptive i like them.

rm 3 CHP

Anonymous said...

wow cool those animal discriptions are really discriptive i like them.

rm 3 CHP

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!! those animal discrptions are really interesting I think there really cool.

RM 23, CHP BDS